CLA-OIT operates private clusters—interconnected groups of servers—designed to tackle large computational tasks. If you need a resource like this for your department or project contact us for a consultation.
CLA faculty, staff, and graduate students
What We Do
- Consult with you to plan system design and purchasing.
- Provide ROCKS-based Linux clusters dedicated to your project or personal needs.
- Support applications with node-locked or user-locked licenses.
- Patch and maintain servers for security, operating systems, and applications.
What We Don't Do
- Provide superuser access to servers.
- Permit attachment to the CLA-OIT Unix environment.
What You Need to Do
- Work with CLA-OIT engineers to design the cluster.
- Purchase standard hardware that satisfies University requirements for equipment to be hosted in datacenters.
- Provide funding for any commercial software licenses.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Response to request within 8 business hours.
Price of hardware.
CLA Service Desk
Call: 612-624-4357 (4-HELP)