Web Application Development
We provide a team of professional and student programming staff to build custom web-based applications needed by the college. We develop new and upgrade existing applications according to the priorities and direction of the CLA Technical Systems Steering Committee.
What We Do
- Custom web application design and development.
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Java, PhP, database, and other solutions
- Integration with University Data Warehouse content
- Integration with University authentication system
- Business analysis and project management support.
- Compliance with University and college standards and security policies.
- Information architecture analysis.
- User interface design.
- Usability analysis.
- Accessibility analysis to ensure compliance with University guidelines.
What We Don't Do
- Desktop application development.
- Other programming technologies like Microsoft .net, Cold Fusion, and perl.
What You Need to Do
- Work with a CLA-OIT business analyst to establish project timelines, requirements, and other expectations as the project progresses.
- Host solution on CLA-OIT server.
- Obtain approval from the CLA Technical Systems Steering Committee.
Standard Support Hours
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Also by appointment.
Response to request within 1 business day. Projects can take anywhere from a few weeks to a year depending on size and complexity required to meet the business need.
CLA Service Desk
Call: 612-624-4357 (4-HELP)