Technology Enhanced Learning Team
The teaching and learning process is dynamic and new challenges and opportunities emerge frequently. The Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Team is available to help you at any stage of the process to discuss possible solutions and resources.
The TEL Coordinator, Instructional Designer Consultants, and Instructional Support Tech (IST) are available to help you define or clarify a problem and brainstorm solutions.
CLA faculty, staff, and graduate students
What We Do
- Provide a comprehensive team of professional staff, experienced graduate students, and trained undergraduate technology assistants.
- Professional instructional design consulting.
- Guidance on Learning Management Systems (LMS), such as Moodle.
- Benefits of an LMS
- Planning for use
- Explanation of related CLA and University support services
- Guidance on media production.
- Production of narrated lecture
- Video recording and editing
- Audio recording and editing
- Image editing
- Guidance on the process for media distribution and sharing.
- Guidance with communication tools
- Social Media
- Guidance about classroom interaction tools.
- On-site support from an Instructional Technology Fellow
- Dispatches from the Instructional Support Techs.
What We Don't Do
- Consult and support for creation of course websites not within a Learning Management System, blog, or U of M Google Site.
- Consult and support for technologies that are not Common Good.
- Create content for courses.
What You Need to Do
- Maintain contact by answering emails, phone calls, voice messages on a timely basis.
CLA-OIT Office Hours
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
A member of the TEL team will contact you to schedule an appointment within 2 business days of receiving your request.
UMN Technology Help
Call: 612-301-4357 (1-HELP)