Small Grant Program
The CLA Technology Grant Committee offers funding to faculty and staff seeking to enhance the student experience by utilizing technology for teaching and learning. Small Grants of up to $5,000 are awarded during each application window. The College of Liberal Arts Office of Information Technology (CLA-OIT) facilitates the Small Grant program.
CLA faculty and staff
Students or external units may submit proposals; however, a CLA faculty or staff member must be listed as the primary proposer.
What We Do
- Provide $300 to $5,000 for:
- undergraduate and/or graduate student assistant salaries to create technology-enhanced resources that service multiple courses or a large population of students
- equipment, software, and licenses to be used by students or by instructors in the classroom
What We Don't Do
- Provide funding for faculty or staff supplemental compensation.
- Provide funding for solutions that replicate tools or services that are already provided by the College of Liberal Arts or the University of Minnesota.
What You Need to Do
- Identify who will provide technical support and consult with them before submitting an application.
- Download application instructions.
- Provide complete responses to grant application questions.
- Submit grant materials by the deadline via the CLA Technology Grant system.
- Prioritize requests if multiple applications are submitted from a single department (chair or director).
- Purchase only those items that have been reviewed and approved by the committee, if awarded a grant. Any cost-savings will return to the committee.
- Submit final reports on time.
- Submit request for reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is a need to deviate from the proposed timeline or equipment to be purchased.
Application window open now through January 16, 2013.
UMN Technology Help
Call: 612-301-4357 (1-HELP)