SBSL Research Computer Lab
The Social and Behavioral Science Laboratory (SBSL) computer lab is a stable and dedicated environment of 40 workstations for research use by your IRB-approved projects. The lab is suitable to explore any treatment administered by computer to human participants. You are invited to contact us early in your research design to explore the advantages of our lab.
CLA and CSOM faculty, staff, and students with faculty sponsorship
What We Do
- Provide a computer lab dedicated to research with human participants.
- 40 Windows XP computer workstations in privacy carrels
- High-quality headphones for each workstation
- E-Prime, Z-Tree, MediaLab, Matlab, web browsers, and other software by request, installed on each workstation
- Computer settings remain stable and consistent throughout research project
- Secured behind a network firewall
- Provide on-site professional support and lab management.
- Provide a reconfigurable furniture layout.
- Provide PST labs serial response boxes in 20 carrels.
- Provide an online schedule, contact us to make reservations.
- Provide data collection from all workstations at the end of each session.
What We Don't Do
- Support non-research use such as teaching.
- Subject pool management.
- Research project management.
- Submit request for IRB approval.
What You Need to Do
- Obtain IRB approval prior to first session.
- Test software and other configurations prior to first session.
- Participant recruitment and scheduling.
- Ensure attendance by investigator or assistant during each session.
CLA-OIT Office Hours
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Contact us early in your planning. Lead times vary.
Social and Behavioral Sciences Laboratory
Office: 174 Anderson Hall