University of Minnesota
CLA Office of Information Technology
4help@umn.edu
612-624-4357


CLA Office of Information Technology's Home Page

Instructional Equipment Grant Program

The CLA Technology Grant Committee offers funding to faculty and staff seeking to purchase computer equipment for instructional purposes. Instructional Equipment Grants of up to $50,000 are awarded during each application window. The College of Liberal Arts Office of Information Technology (CLA-OIT) facilitates the Instructional Equipment Grant program.

Eligibility

CLA faculty and staff
Students or external units may submit proposals; however, a CLA faculty or staff member must be listed as the primary proposer.

What We Do

  • Provide $5001 to $50,000 for:
    • instructional equipment, software, licenses that enable faculty members to develop new or improved methods to deliver course materials in and outside the classroom
    • computer equipment that is widely shared within the department for instruction
    • creation or maintenance of computer labs utilized by CLA undergraduate and/or graduate students.

What We Don't Do

  • Provide funding for:
    • consumable media
    • slide projectors
    • personal printers
    • computer equipment that is provided and/or replaced through the CLA Computer Replacement Program
    • equipment that is used for administrative of faculty research-related activities

What You Need to Do

  • Identify who will provide technical support and consult with them before submitting an application.
  • Download application instructions and budget worksheet (XLS).
  • Provide complete responses to grant application questions.
  • Submit grant materials by the deadline via the CLA Technology Grant System.
  • Prioritize requests if multiple applications are submitted from a single department (chair or director).
  • Purchase only those items that have been reviewed and approved by the committee, if awarded a grant. Any cost-savings will return to the committee.
  • Submit final reports on time.
  • Submit request for reimbursements in a timely manner.
  • Contact us at 4help@umn.edu if there is a need to deviate from the proposed timeline or equipment to be purchased.

Availability

Application window open now through January 16, 2013.

Cost

While projection system equipment and installations for departmentally run learning spaces are appropriate proposals, an equipment grant may only be used to cover 75% of the cost. Departments will be responsible for the remaining 25%.

Contact

CLA Service Desk
Call: 612-624-4357 (4-HELP)
Email: 4help@umn.edu

CLA Service Desk
612-624-4357
(4-HELP)
4help@umn.edu


Tell Us What You Think | Intranet Password Required 
Our mission is to support and enhance research, instruction, and administrative efficiency
by identifying and providing effective and cost-conscious technology solutions for CLA.