CLA-OIT provides installation, troubleshooting, and usage support for a wide variety of software used on University-owned computers. Standard packages are installed during setup of a new computer. Additional software, including many statistical applications, can be installed upon request.
CLA-OIT also provides basic and advanced usage support for Google Apps and connectivity tools on personally owned computers.
CLA faculty, staff, and graduate students
What We Do
- Support a wide range of current software titles. See full list for details.
- Purchase license and media, if necessary, with your department funds.
- Install software on your work computer or connect you to a server-hosted application.
- Troubleshoot installation-related problems.
- Assist you with basic uses of the application.
What We Don't Do
- Installation on a personally-owned device.
- Installation of personally-owned software on a University-owned device.
- Support for advanced uses.
- Support for domain-specific research questions.
What You Need to Do
- Upgrade to supportable versions. See full list for details.
- If necessary, provide funds to purchase licenses. See full list for details.
- Attend formal classes, if you need more in-depth training.
- Make yourself aware of software documentation and help systems.
Standard Support Hours
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Also by appointment.
Response Times During Standard Support Hours
- If you call the Service Desk (4-4357), expect an immediate response, or within 10 minutes if all the lines are busy. If you wish to leave a message, we'll call you back within 30 minutes.
- If you need immediate on-site help, we'll have someone to you within 5 to 30 minutes.
- If you email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), we'll respond within 4 hours.
- If you want the technician or fellow assigned to your department, we'll schedule an appointment ASAP or at your convenience.
- Voicemail and email messages received in the evenings and weekends are casually monitored by staff for emergency issues affecting critical systems, but all requests will be addressed when the Service Desk reopens.
- We strive to resolve issues as soon as possible, preferably with same-day service.
- In some cases, a resolution will take longer. However, no request for support will sit without an update of some kind for more than 5 business days. See specific service descriptions for more details.
CLA Service Desk
Call: 612-624-4357 (4-HELP)