Computer and Peripheral Disposal
This service provides timely pickup and secure disposal of CLA-owned computers and peripherals as required by the University Securing Private Data Policy.
What We Do
- Provide physical pick-up and transportation of computer equipment from your office to the CLA Service Desk for disposal processing.
- Securely wipe or destroy storage media according to University policies and best practices.
- Dispose and recycle equipment through the University's Asset Recovery Corp.
- Track computer disposal through CLA-OIT's asset tracking system.
- Provide reports of computers disposed through CLA-OIT.
- Assist departments with completing capital asset disposal forms.
What We Don't Do
- Track peripheral disposal, unless it is a capital asset.
- Provide wiping or disposal of personally-owned computers or peripherals.
What You Need to Do
- If the item is a capital asset (valued over $2500), submit a capital asset disposal form (PDF) to University Inventory Services in advance of pickup request.
- Request disposal pickup by emailing the CLA Service Desk at email@example.com.
CLA-OIT Office Hours
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
All pickups will be completed within 7 business days of request.
UMN Technology Help
Call: 612-301-4357 (1-HELP)