Shared AD Folders
CLA-OIT manages secure storage space for departments and work groups. We can set up folders on our Active Directory (AD) servers and share them with people you specify. Not sure how to organize your files most effectively? We can guide you through the process for a workable solution.
What We Do
- Provide access to files and folders via web browser at webfiles.umn.edu.
- Provide secure network folders shared amongst multiple University users.
- Provide group membership management.
- sharing folders with groups
- adding members to groups
- Provide access from both Windows and Mac computers.
- Nightly backups of folder contents.
- Recovery of deleted files up to 45 days old.
- Consult on best practices and special situations.
What We Don't Do
- FTP or SFTP access.
- Self-managed permissions.
What You Need to Do
- Use VPN when off campus or access your files at webfiles.umn.edu.
- Inform CLA-OIT promptly when permission changes are necessary.
Standard Support Hours
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Also by appointment.
Requests processed within one business day.
UMN Technology Help
Call: 612-301-4357 (1-HELP)